Who We Are
Thank you for your interest in BFSMS! We know that there are so many schools from which to choose and the decision can be complicated and stressful. Allow us to take that stress away as we explain who we are and why this is the right school for your child.
The Buckner Fanning School at Mission Springs (BFSMS) is unlike any other school in San Antonio. We are incredibly proud of our students and faculty, who make BFSMS the exceptional school that it is. Evidence of this is our Stanford Test Scores, which show our students are performing an average of 3 grade levels ahead in Math and Reading! Here are a few things that contribute to this kind of success:
- We are a small school, enabling us to offer small class sizes to ensure a student can learn in their own optimal way.
- Our rigorous curriculum paired with our seasoned and dedicated teachers, results in students performing grade levels above their current level.
- We educate the whole child, offering STEM as well as Fine Arts to help students become well-rounded individuals.
- With our Nondenominational Christian Education, we embrace students from a variety of faiths. Through Bible study and daily Chapel, prayer and studying beliefs, we help students grow closer to God through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- An added benefit is our beautiful campus, which allows students to connect with nature within and as they move from class to class.
BFSMS is conveniently located at the intersection of Canyon Golf Road and Wilderness Oak in the heart of Hill Country. We provide a safe, orderly and encouraging school atmosphere for students in grades Pre-K 3 through High School.
Our daily mission here on campus is to promote a lifetime desire for learning, equipping our students with the tools necessary to help them shape and better the world in which they live. We are committed to educating the whole child, using a combination of Core Knowledge, Singapore Math, STEM, Fine Arts, and Christian Education. As a part of educating the whole child, we recognize that positive self-esteem rises through self-respect as result of hard work, accomplishments, respect for others, and sincere encouragement from the faculty and staff. We consider this piece to be an integral part of our education and are dedicated to our students and their families to ensure we are delivering the best education and most positive experience possible.
We are excited to share our school with you! Please contact us to schedule a tour to learn more and experience BFSMS first hand.
Your Child's Success is Our Mission.
History & Philosophy
The Buckner Fanning School at Mission Springs (BFSMS) is part of a nondenominational complex established by the Buckner Fanning Evangelistic Foundation in 1998.
In our almost 20 years, our Faculty has been dedicated to educating children in a nondenominational Christian environment that extends the unconditional love and grace of God while providing an exemplary educational experience. Most teachers have more than 20 years of experience and all are dedicated to your child’s success and happiness.
The Buckner Fanning School at Mission Springs is a fully accredited school at the highest level with Southern Association of Colleges and Schools/Council on Accreditation and School Improvement. BFSMS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion or national origin in the administration of its educational program, admission, scholarships or other school policies.
It is our privilege to welcome you to the Buckner Fanning School at Mission Springs (BFSMS) where we are committed to an exemplary Academic and Christian education.